We believe all children should have an opportunity to experience high-quality early childhood education.Our philosophy lies at the heart of everything we do at Billybear Preschool and inspires us to do better, every day.
- We provide a stimulating learning environment that caters to the needs and interests of each child.
- We create a safe, secure and trusting atmosphere for children and their families.
- We treat all children equally, regardless of gender, race or religious beliefs.
- We encourage children to express their creativity and personality in all areas of learning.
- We foster a happy and informal environment that promotes learning and discovery.
- We provide a balanced menu of fresh, healthy foods prepared by qualified chefs each day.
- We make the most of our wide open spaces and encourage physical activity.
- We provide play-based learning activities that encourage active involvement, meaningful experimentation and positive reinforcement.
- We prepare programs that are child-centred and educator-led, to teach children through observation, instruction and practice.
- We tailor each activity to the child’s interests, skills and abilities, in line with the Early Years Learning Framework.
- We believe children’s knowledge is acquired through interaction with their educators, peers and environment.
- We cater for differences of all kinds, including home environment, gender, culture and special needs.
- We encourage children to interact verbally and participate in social activities with respect and care.
- We believe children are important ambassadors of our centre to the local community.
- We actively build strong partnerships with families, to create a sense of belonging that is vital to the learning environment.